Agricultural law and food law
Our Firm provides legal services for agricultural producers and agri-food businesses.
We advise on all legal aspects around
agricultural business. We support individual farmers as well as agricultural production groups.
Our service range also extends to legal support for agri-food businesses. In this area we advise on broadly defined food law.
Moreover, our services in these areas include representation before common courts and administrative courts, and in administrative proceedings before relevant administrative authorities (The Agency for Restructuring and Modernisation of Agriculture (ARMA), the National Support Centre for Agriculture (KOWR)), including in matters related to EU agricultural aid schemes.
We are also among the few firms in Poland to specialise in legal aspects around food quality systems, particularly with respect to organic farming and integrated plant production.
Furthermore, we support transactions involving agricultural real property, including for companies owning such property.
Our legal assistance involves in particular:
- providing comprehensive support for transactions involving agricultural real property, including conversion of land rights and land-use re-designation;
- drafting or providing assessments of contract-farming, sales, supply, buying-in and storage agreements;
- claiming compensation for game damages to crops and for other wildlife damages;
- providing support in the establishment of production groups, including in making export arrangements to bring products to Asian markets, and in handling export contracts;
- securing discretionary and non-discretionary subsidies;
- representing Customers in administrative proceedings and administrative court proceedings before ANR (Agricultural Property Agency),
KOWR and Veterinary Inspectorates.