With respect to the health protection sector, we offer legal services for both private Customers and all sorts of organised corporate and non-corporate entities.
For the latter group we provide comprehensive advisory on matters involving the functioning of healthcare providers. This includes issues associated with the conversion of public healthcare establishments into commercial companies or partnerships. Our Firm provides support in handling legal issues around Government-funded or EU-funded projects. We advise our Customers on how to change the legal form of their business, as well as on mergers and acquisitions, with additional emphasis on economic aspects, including taxes.
We represent both public and non-public healthcare establishments, especially in their disputes with the authorities or founding entities.
Our legal assistance involves in particular:
- establishing, converting or liquidating healthcare providers;
- developing restructuring schemes, including the optimisation of financial and tax burdens;
- supporting projects for the acquisition of other healthcare providers;
- advising on the application of the Public Procurement Law and other issues around tender procedures;
- representing Customers in disputes with the National Health Fund, founding entities and state administration authorities;
- monitoring whether medical records are properly kept, updated and made available;
- drafting and providing assessments of internal governing documents – regulations, policies, agreements, declarations and consents;
- ongoing support in handling contracts with the National Health Fund;
- protecting the personal interests of healthcare providers and physicians;
- providing training courses (including webinars) on medical law;
As far as legal services for individual customers (natural persons) are concerned, we handle broadly defined medical error claims. This includes the adverse effects of care provided by medical professionals, caused by medical malpractice (diagnostic, therapeutic, performance errors), as well as organisational errors committed by healthcare providers through the faulty organisation of the treatment process.
We also represent customers in matters related to the involuntary treatment of mentally ill individuals or persons with alcohol or other substance addiction.
Our legal assistance involves in particular legal action to claim:
- compensation for the sustained health impairment, lost earnings, incurred treatment costs, as well as funeral costs for the family of the deceased patient;
- redress for injury sustained by the patient (pain, suffering, stress) or for the distress caused to the deceased patient’s family;
- injury-compensating annuity to cover the aggrieved party's increased living costs or compensate for their reduced earning capacity due to health impairment;
- maintenance annuity for individuals to whom the aggrieved party or the deceased was obligated under law to pay maintenance, or whom the aggrieved party or the deceased voluntarily and permanently provided with means of subsistence;
- remedy for the violation of the patient's or physician’s personal interests.